Business prototyping helps you make better decisions in complex situations using a playful yet powerful approach that allows you to experiment with new business ideas, designs and policies in a risk free environment: business prototyping let’ s you see the impact of strategies and decisions before you take action.
Business Prototyping uses techniques such as sketching and diagramming, game-playing, visual models and computer simulations to expore your situation and tell the story of your business idea.
- Business prototyping is extremely scalable—from simple sketches to a formal simulation model.
- Business prototyping covers all aspects of a complex business situation—structure/process/data humans/emotions business model/organisation/technology.
- Business prototyping orchestrates the learning/discovery process that is necessary to ensure that real understanding comes about, involving all stakeholders.
- Business prototyping helps you manage the complexity of business transformation and supports the entire transformation life cycle:
- Exploration: where are we?
- Design: where do we want to be?
- Realisation: how do we get there?
The outcome of business prototyping is always a narrative that paints a rich picture of where you have come from, where you ought to be going, why you ought to be going there and how you can achieve this: the ultimate objective of business prototyping is to help you make better decisions in complex situations.
This site is dedicated to sharing and discussing ideas on the business prototyping approach and how it is used to make better decisions in complex situations.
Next to sharing and discussing our ideas via our blog posts, we also provide in-depth information, step-by-step tutorials and example business prototypes.