Learn more about how to apply the business prototyping approach to business models.
Business prototyping is the art and science of experimenting with new business ideas and concepts in a risk free environment, in order to explore the consequences of new designs and decisions before realising them in practice.
Over the last 18 months or so we presented a number of webinars concerned with applying the business prototyping approach to business models. Next to introducing approaches to prototyping the different aspects of a business, the ultimate goal of these webinars was to build and demonstrate a generic business model prototype using a System Dynamics approach.
The business model prototyping webinars were very well received by our listeners and this motivated us to bring the generic buiness model prototype online. We worked very hard to bring the prototype into a form that can be presented here on our blog, and finally, in January 2013 we started an ongoing series of blog posts that introduce the concepts behind business model prototyping and the generic business model prototype.
To make it easy for you to find and access these blog posts, we have listed them all here in chronological order:
- Business Prototyping and the Generic Business Model Prototype
- The Business Model Concept
- A Generic Business Model Blueprint
- Blueprints and Prototypes: Generic vs. Specific, Abstract vs. Concrete
- How to Prototype an Internet Startup using the Generic Business Model Prototype
- How do you make money in your business?
- Seven Levers that Influence Your Revenue
- Exploring the Dynamics of Customer Acquisition